Amazing Valentines Cards for Kids to Make
Valentine’s cards! I all love those homemade cards and the memories they create as well! Let’s celebrate all things to do with love, hope and happiness, starting with this wonderfully personal and colourful post with Maggy from Red Ted Art.
Valentines Cards for Kids
One of my fondest memories of Valentine’s Day, besides decorating our house, with Valentines Decorations, was going to school carrying my Valentines Box that my mum and I made.
It was probably decked with red and white construction paper, cut out hearts, and probably with my name written on the side. I would proudly set it on my desk and wait for my classmates to fill it with Valentine Cards and sweets. It was fun to go home and eat some sweets and read all of the sweet cards from my friends.
Now that I am the mum, I want my children to also enjoy Valentine’s Day with their friends. My kids also like to make Valentine cards for their grandparents, parents, and each other.
A Few of Our Favourites:
- Build your child’s fine motor skills while creating these adorable Woven Heart Valentine’s Cards. They are also a great way to use previously created art or scrap pattern paper!
- Making paper snowflakes is a classic winter activity. These super cute Valentine Paper Heart Snowflakes are an extension of that activity but with a Valentine flair.
- The result of paper quilling is beautiful. Even little kids can make these Paper Quilling Valentine’s Cards! How precious are these? I just love them.
- This Blowing A Kiss Valentine Card is absolutely the perfect card for a child to give to grandparents. It is sweetly sentimental and an adorable keepsake!
- These adorable Conversation Heart Valentine’s Cards are made with children’s watercolour artwork. This is a fabulous way to make an extra special keepsake out of artwork your child has made.
Some more ideas:
- Do you have a sensory loving child? These Squishy Heart Cards are perfectly fun for little ones! These would also be great for kids to make and give to their friends!
- Puffy paint is always a win in our house. It’s so much fun to create with but the end result is always “WOW”! These Puffy Paint Hearts are a must for Valentine’s Day!
- The process of making marbled paper always has me it fits of awe. The fact that my kids can make such beautiful artwork makes me proud. These Marbled Paper Hearts are one decoration that I will never give up and love receiving them as cards!
- These Bubble Wrap Heart cards are perfect for any age. Even toddlers can help press the painted bubble wrap down on the paper. Who doesn’t like to play with bubble wrap?
With Valentine’s Day being so high on my list, making cards is one of my favourite January activities. A great way to spend the Valentine season. It’s easy to make someone feel special with a homemade card and we love making them!
Kids like taking them to school for their classmates and teachers. Grandparents love receiving them and of course, parents like to hang them up as keepsakes!
Which Valentine Card is your favourite? Or do you have a special Valentine family tradition? Let me know and share your ideas too!